Joke Silva has been happily married to Olu Jacobs for 30 years.
With 30 years of marital bliss, Veteran Nollywood actress, Joke Silva, who’s been married to actor, Olu Jacobs since 1985, shares some tips on marriage and suntanning a healthy relationship.
The 54-year-old role interpreter, was part of the Hear Word Twitter chat (#HWChat), where she gave out the tips.
1. Marriage means friendship, loving, fighting.. Laughing, worrying, togetherness
2. Marriage pressure is not good, because you get pushed into the wrong relationship.
3. The pressure from society is enormous but if a woman has that sense of affirmation her life is just as fulfilled
4. A lot of extraneous forces can Mar a relationship. I say be true to YOU, not mum, dad or society.
5. A healthy attitude to money is important. You build your empire together.
She wrapped up the conversation by saying, ‘For me the biggest advantage of being married is knowing I have
someone always in my corner wanting what’s best for me and the kids’.